The Vice Presidency of Educational Affairs
Strategic Planning Unit
Vision of king Abdul Aziz University
- A beacon of knowledge: Islamic values, tradition of the ancient university.
- Integration in the configuration occupational professionalism, excellence skills .
- Increase leadership in development: Innovation and superiority, diversity and continuous academic research in community service.
Mission of King Abdul Aziz University :
Advance community through excellence cultural, scientific excellence and pioneering research
Future goals of King Abdul-Aziz University
- KAU maintain its situation, and increase its scientific and intellectual contributions inside and outside the Kingdom; through scientific research and innovation.
- KAU realizes its mission to elevate and advance of community through cultural excellence, scientific excellence and pioneering research activities. And it works to achieve its vision.
- KAU achieve its desired not only by a variety of disciplines, and a large number, but a research university, an electronic university, an entrepreneurial university and thinking university. This comes according to the requirements of the knowledge society.
- The university works hard to raise its internal and external efficiencies, and ascertain, the quality of its performance according to standards of both institutional and program accreditation and quality certification of other areas as the administrative performance, laboratories, and environment
- KAU works on balanced and complementary capacity building, through developing the resources whether through budget allocations or self-funding sources, and managing such resources effectively
- KAU endeavors to improve its image and enhance its roles and programs to community service, in order to become the first choice for the society. This comes true through the communication media between the university and the society and through supporting its programs and different developmental venues.
- To enhance the performance skills and quality of all KAU categories of human resources, especially, developing staff members to perform their envisaged roles whether educational or research or… else. This is in the context of motivation for creativity and innovation to satisfy the requirements of development of higher education in the knowledge society.
- The student becomes the focal point of KAU interest and its priority of concern in order to develop a positive and encouraging learning environment to enable and empower the student to acquire scientific knowledge, communication skills, self-development skills, and the skills needed for labor market.
- To enhance KAU ranking whether in regional or international university ranking systems, and has tangible presence and positive participation in areas of research and international transfer of technology.
To achieve these strategic goals, KAU put different programs and projects . These projects have been distributed to be supervised by all university vice-presidencies. Presidency of Educational Affairs is responsible to follow all faculties , centers and institutes in that are assigned in the document of the second strategic plan. These projects / programs are in the areas of educational services, distance learning, educational curricula/ programs and students training and development.
Educational vice presidency apply a professional strategy to follow the application of these projects inside its faculties. For this reason the vice-presidency has established a specialized unit with a professional steering committee to give support and follow the achievement of key Performance Indicators of these projects inside each faculty.
These roles could be summarized in the following:
- 1-Offer field support to all sub-divisions related to the educational vice- presidency . This support could be training on strategic planning, orientation workshops for faculties coordinators, and technical support on united software program, MARZ.
- 2-Track the real achievement of all KPI's in all faculties and institutes and check applicability the file proofs uploaded next to that achievement.
- 3-Coordinate with other vice-presidencies and departments in other projects and programs that need such cooperation.
The Second University Strategic Plan is now in its final months and vice-presidency is about to achieve the percent of 100% in its projects.